Music Tastes Good Hits Long Beach This Weekend- September 30-October 1
Built To Spill and Rhye Added to Lineup w/ Headliners Ween, Sleater-Kinney + RIDE, Alvvays, Los Lobos, of Montreal, Dr. Octagon, !!!, Big Freedia, Heaven 17, Protomartyr and many more
See full line-up here: www.mtglb.co
With just five days to go before we kick off Music Tastes Good 2017, the festival team wants to share some helpful links to get you prepared for an incredible weekend in Long Beach!
There’s a limited number of tickets still available for the “Taste Tent” which features 16 chefs from Long Beach & New Orleans, sharing unlimited food over course of the entire weekend. If having the most delicious food offerings is your thing, you’re going to want to get your Taste Tent pass.
• Our 2017 Taste Tent: tasting menus, chef intro videos and demo schedule announced!
• Build your own schedule, explore the festival map, and discover new music with the MTG mobile app!
• Just added: we’ve got an All-Ages friendly wristband pick-up party! Friday 9/29 from 4pm-6pm at Fingerprints Music, with Slaves UK (DJ set).
• Pick up your festival wristband a day early, and skip the lines! Join us at Alex’s Bar on 9/29 for a free show with Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears.
• There are two official after parties, each night of Music Tastes Good. Both are free with your Music Tastes Good wristband (or $12 at the door). On Saturday, 9/30, join us as At The Top, as Treefort Music Fest hosts De Lux, Rituals of Mine, and Frankie & The Witch Fingers. On Sunday, 10/1, at At The Top, we’ve got The Buttertones, Travesura, Rudy De Anda, Banes World, and MU$TY BOYZ.
• Register your festival wristband in advance, save time & easier access to food, drinks, merch and more!
• Expanding on last year’s incorporation of cutting-edge art installations interspersed throughout the festival grounds, this year, organizers have again invited an impressive group of up-and-coming local artists to help create one-of-a-kind, immersive experiences for festival guests. This year’s lineup includes:
Jonelle Thais Holden Mix Tape
Rebecca Giesking Vertical Garden
Ben Phipps Reflecting Tunnel
Ali Futrell The Vertical Horizon
Jesson Duller and Eddy Vajarakitipongse Ginger
Eric Hamme Magical Music Parade
Kat Bingley Peace, Love & Music
David Hedden Box of Boom & Makers Space
What: Music Tastes Good Festival
When: This Weekend- September 30-October 1, 2017
Where: Marina Green Park (386 E Shoreline Dr)- Long Beach, CA
Praise for Music Tastes Good:
“This Fall’s Best SoCal Music Festival Isn’t in Indio — It’s in Long Beach“- LA Weekly
“Music Tastes Good showcases Long Beach with an accessible, approachable debut.” – Los Angeles Times
“Perhaps most impressive, however, was the fact that Halperin and Fischel put on the festival without the help of a major promoter, making it the rare music event today to go a pure independent route.”- Los Angeles Times
“With a solid lineup from top to bottom, it was hard to find a bad time to catch good music.” -LA Weekly
“Music Tastes Good aims to put Long Beach on the festival map.“- Los Angeles Times
“For fans inside the festival, Music Tastes Good offered that rare experience of a fest that was easy to navigate, had a no-hassles attitude and was comfortably well-run.“- Orange County Register
“But while food at the aforementioned fests is most definitely secondary to the music – Long Beach’s Music Tastes Good might be the only one around with food built into its original concept. Hell, it’s even in the name.”- OC Weekly