Fearless Records has teamed up with Asking Alexandria to release the lyric video for the band’s cover of “Closer” (originally performed by Nine Inch Nails). The track is featured on Fearless’ forthcoming compilation Punk Goes 90s Vol. 2, set for release on April 1st.
“Growing up in the 90s means that all of us have a soft spot for 90s jams from the weird and wonderful, to the cheesy boy bands to the dirty and grungy! So when we were approached about being on the second Punk Goes 90s compilation we just had to do it. Nine Inch Nail’s “Closer” is one of those gritty, dirty tunes from the 90s that made the era so great! It’s seedy, grimy, strip club music at it’s finest!” – Ben Bruce, Guitarist of Asking Alexandria
Alongside the lyric video for the track, the pre-order for Punk Goes 90s Vol. 2 is now available both physically with Merchnow and digitally on iTunes. With each pre-order, fans will receive an instant download of “Closer” by Asking Alexandria. Fans who purchase the physical edition of the album will additionally receive a special edition cassette tape, slap bracelet, and free Fearless Records sampler presented by Alternative Press. Check out the lyric video for the track here.
PUNK GOES 90S VOL. 2 TRACK LIST:
1. Get Scared “My Own Worst Enemy” (originally performed by Lit)
2. Memphis May Fire “Interstate Love Song” (originally performed by Stone Temple Pilots)
3. Asking Alexandria “Closer” (originally performed by Nine Inch Nails)
4. The Color Morale “Everlong” (originally performed by Foo Fighters)
5. Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! “All Star” (originally performed by Smash Mouth)
6. Mayday Parade “Comedown” (originally performed by Bush)
7. Motionless In White “Du Hast” (originally performed by Rammstein)
8. Yellowcard “Today” (originally performed by Smashing Pumpkins)
9. Hands Like Houses “Torn” (originally performed by Natalie Imbruglia)
10. Falling In Reverse “Gangsta’s Paradise” (originally performed by Coolio)
11. ICE NINE KILLS “Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)” (originally performed by Green Day)
ABOUT PUNK GOES…: The alternative rock genre’s most talked-about compilation, the Punk Goes… series has garnered over 900,000 albums and 5 million singles in just over a decade. Prior volumes in the Punk Goes… series include Punk Goes Pop 1-5, Punk Goes Classic Rock, Punk Goes Crunk, Punk Goes Acoustic 1 & 2, and Punk Goes Christmas. The compilations have included big name artists such as New Found Glory, A Day To Remember, Pierce The Veil, All Time Low, Rise Against, The All-American Rejects, Taking Back Sunday, and more. Punk Goes 90s Vol. 2 will feature the best pop-rock and hardcore acts in today’s scene putting a touch of their own flair on some of the most loved tracks from the 90s.