Highwire Daze is a music magazine based out of the Los Angeles, CA area. Founded by Kenneth Morton and Judith Scott in September of 1990, the first issue arrived two months later. Now in our 28th year, Morton and his staff continue to cover metal, hardcore, punk, and other genres of music. This website marks a new chapter for the magazine, and we thank you all for the continued support.
(Editor’s Note – May 2018: I still need to update this page big time!!! Will be actively updating this section throughout the summer of 2018.)
Return To Print – The Legacy Issues
- Issue 121 (Nov/Dec 2018) – Interviews with Journey Founder Neal Schon, Todd Kerns and Frank Sidoris of Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators, Nikki Stringfield of The Iron Maidens, Acacia Avenue, Bad Boy Eddy, Budderside, Chapter XIII, Disrupted Euphoria, Dizzylilacs, Ford Madox Ford, The Gary Moon Band, Griffin Tucker, Hang Tight, The Hard Way, Logan Ellis Sheppard, London, Modern Mimes, Nothgard, The Orb, Raven Black, Shaunt Avakian, Suzy Wilson, The Swansons, Westfield Massacre, and Windrunner. (Nikki Stringfield mini poster by Jack Lue)
Issue Overviews – The Web Era
- May 2018 – Interviews with Black Star Riders, Bulletboys, Burning House, The Colour You, Granny 5 Barrel, Grow Rich, HammerFall, Jack Russell’s Great White, Koala, Like Totally 80’s promoter Scott Tucker, Phil Lanzon of Uriah Heep, Saffire, Saxon, Vast Asteroid
- April 2018 – Interviews with August Zadra of The Dennis DeYoung Band, Axel Rudi Pell, Carla Harvey of Butcher Babies, Divided Minds, Keith England of The Allman Brothers Band, Melissa Manchester, The Motels, Nightmare Air, Society Of Broken Souls, States & Capitals, Victor Gann, The Weekend Classic.
- March 2018 – Interviews with Dead Girls Academy, Groves, Michael Schenker Fest, Shiragirl, Stan Bush, Wasi, Wayland.
- February 2018 – Interviews with Behind The Fallen, Blameshift, Bloody Knives, Death Keepers, Echodrone, Everyone Dies In Utah, Janet Gardner, Jarun, Jesse Damon, Love Past Blue, Myja, Pretty Boy Floyd, Street Lynx, Titans In Time.
- January 2018 – Interviews with Ariel Bellvalaire of Paradise Kitty, Asylus, The Brinks, Dave Ellefson of Megadeth, His Dream Of Lions, Immolation, Madame Mayhem, Meat Beat Manifesto, Random Eyes, Rise Of Avernus, Slow, Tennis System.
- December 2017 – Interviews with The Babys, The Dream Syndicate, Hang Tight, My Ticket Home, The Ohio Players, Possessed, Safeguard, Sorcerer, Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown, Within Silence.
- March 2017 – The Ultimate Jam Night Interviews with Brian “Damage” Forsythe of Kix and Rhino Bucket, Chuck Wright of Quiet Riot. The Namm Show Interviews with Jupiter Hollow, Monarch Theatre. Interviews with Aerial, Bearfight, For the Win, Holding Absence, Joel Poe, Junius, Kieran Robertson, Memories In Broken Glass, Misery Loves Company, Parallels, Restless Streets, Rituals Of Mine, Saul Castillo, Vesta Collide, Wasi, Within The Ruins.
- June 2015 – Countdown To Warped Tour Feature with Alive Like Me, American Opera, A+ Dropouts, Born Cags, Boymeetsworld, The Karma Killers, Kaya Stewart, Mallory Knox, Night Riots, Our Last Night, Palisades, The Relapse Symphony, Sirens & Sailors, Sumo Cyco, Trophy Eyes and While She Sleeps. Countdown To Mayhem Festival Feature with Feed Her To The Sharks, Hellyeah, Shattered Sun, and Sister Sin. Interviews with Asylus, Crystal Ball, Destruction Of A King, Lancer, Palisades, Run 2 Cover
- May 2015 – Countdown To Blaze N Glory Feature with Iration, Rebelution, and Slighty Stoopid. Countdown To Facedown Fest Feature with xDeathstarx, Everything In Slow Motion, Hope For The Dying, and Leaders. Interviews with Carry Illinois, Hawthorne Heights, Nightrage, Nocternity, Welicoruss
- April 2015 – The What Now Tour Feature with The Animal In Me, Darkness Divided, Like Monroe, and The Things They Carried. Interviews with Abominator, Air Raid, Cyrence, Enslaved, Eva Plays Dead, Everyone Like Cathleen, Gabbie Rae, Kamelot, Lila Rose, Milestones, Sons Of Texas, Tear Out The Heart, Tidus Is Alive
- March 2015 – Interviews with Ashes In Vein, Brightwell, Doro, Dylan Gardner, Flyleaf, Hagl, Miss May I, One I Cinema, SayWeCanFly, Scanner, Sixx:A.M., Snyper, Swervedriver, Too Close To Touch, Wind Rose
- February 2015 – Interviews with Dark Tranquillity, Insomnium, Joel Poe, Kix, Melissa Manchester, Silverstein, Strangelet, Thulcandra
- January 2015 – Interviews with Arrica Rose. In Flames, The Iron Maidens, It Lies Within, Marc Canter, Red Fang, Vanish
- August 2013 – Interviews with Abated Mass Of Flesh, Adam Franklin, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Grace Slick, In League With Lions, I, The Writer, John Waite, Keep It Cute, Little River Band, Månegarm, Monsters Scare You, NecronomicoN, Richard Blade, Sleep City, Totengeflüster, Witch Cross
- July 2013 – Interviews with Alexander, Citizen, Forlorn Path, Gold Skies Ahead, Hope For Tomorrow, Jessarae, Luke Potter, Machines Are People Too, Never Shout Never, The Order Of Elijah, Outasight, Recite The Raven, Social Siberia, Soul Embraced, We Came As Romans
- June 2013 – Countdown To Warped Tour Feature with American Opera, Art of Shock, August Burns Red, Citizen, Crown The Empire, Emily’s Army, Handguns, Hawthorne Heights, Ice Nine Kills, Man Overboard, Never Shout Never, Reel Big Fish, Woe, Is Me, Young London. Interviews with Ace Augustine, Accu§er, Alabaster, Alison Moyet, The Almost, Ark of The Covenant, Closer To Closure, Farewell, My Love, For The Foxes, Four Nights Gone, The Gift of Ghosts, Goldhouse, Memphis May Fire, Neaera, The Ocean Blue, The Royal, Steven Garrett
- May 2013 – Interviews with Affront The Abyss, Built On Secrets, Crown The Empire, Dead Silence Hides My Cries, Denouncement Pyre, The Dream Syndicate, Dynasty, Imminence, Kaydian, Oleander, Palisades, The Resistance, Snow White’s Poison Bite, Stardog Champion, Steve Kilbey & Martin Kennedy, Tears Of Martyr, This Century, To The Wind
- April 2013 – Kicking Off Vans Warped Tour 2013 Feature with Beebs and Her Money Makers, Echosmith, MC Lars, New Beat Fund, The Sheds. Interviews with Apparitions, Dark Sermon, Diamond Rings, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, 5 Years & Counting, Heimdall, Louna, Magnet School, Mouth of the South, Myka, Relocate, Phavian, Serianna, Summertime Dropouts, U.D.O., Ulrich Schnauss, While She Sleeps, The Word Alive
- March 2013 – Interviews with A Fight For Life, Before You Exit, Cardboard Kids, Cinema Sleep, Damnation Angels, Farewell, My Love, Farewell To Arms, Fit For A King, Forget Me In Vegas, Four Minute Mile, Heartist, Helker, 96, Shotty, Tear Out The Heart, The Used, William Ryan Fritch
- February 2013 – Interviews with Flammensturm, For All I Am, Gateways, Hellbound Hepcats, Insult To Injury, Kiernan McMullan, Koldbrann, Led Astray, October Rage, Pyro, Ohio, The Seeking, Speaking The Kings, Vessels, Yes Virginia
- January 2013 – Interviews with The Advent Equation, Adverse, The Beatdown, Crown The Empire, Dark Colour, Deception Of A Ghost, Fall City Fall, Huldre, Narrow Hearts, Nightfall, The Offer, Paradox, 10,000 Maniacs, Upon This Dawning, Woe, Is Me
- December 2012 – Interviews with Camisado, Eyes On The Skyline, Forgotten Tomb, Her Bright Skies, In Dying Arms, My Heart To Fear, The Relapse Symphony, Silence, Sirens & Sailors, Tim Hatten
- November 2012 – Interviews with Avastera, Beyond All Recognition, Compare/Contrast, Deception Of A Ghost, Honour Crest, Oceans Ate Alaska, Royal Bliss, The Seeking, Varg, Wherever They Fall, While She Sleeps, Whispers of Wonder
- October 2012 – Interviews with Abiotic, Antagonist A.D., Before The Fall, Defiler, Deserted Fear, Enslaved, Everyone Dies In Utah, The Goodnight, The Green River Burial, Heartist, In Alcatraz 1962, Inhale Exhale, The Last Word, Set Free, This Romantic Tragedy
- September 2012 – Interviews with The American Scene, As Artifacts, Dylan Jakobsen, The Forsaken, For The Fallen Dreams, Lowtalker, Manners, Obscenity, Project 86, The Swayback, Thoughts In Reverse, Vintersorg, Western Affairs, The Word Alive, Your Memorial
- August 2012 – Interviews with The After Party, Airiel, Armada, Aviyn, Gideon, Havenside, James Morris, Korpiklaani, Memphis May Fire, Midnight Mirage, NameSake, Odd Hours, The Orb, Reel Big Fish, Solace and Stable, Throw The Fight, Us, Ghost, Waylander
- July 2012 – Interviews with Altars, Amyst, Another Lost Year, At Our Expense, At War With Giants, Close Your Eyes, The Collected, Design The Skyline. Dylan Owen, The Ghost Inside, Kill Paradise, Luke Potter, Mikey Sawyer, Miss May I, Overhate, OZ, REO Speedwagon, Restless Hearts, Seize The Sun, Silence The Messenger, Spineshank, Voices and Vessels
- June 2012 – Countdown To Warped Tour Part 2 Feature with Chelsea Grin, Dead Sara, The Darlings, Echo Movement, For Today, Rise To Remain, Super Water Sympathy. Interviews with Carousel Kings, Chaosweaver, Destruction Of A Rose, DreamScar, I-Exist, L’Alba Di Morrigan, Legacy, Men Without Hats, Miss Fortune, Sirens & Sailors, Summertime Dropouts, T. Mills, Travelers, Tribune, Truth And Its Burden, The Tug Fork River Band, Vesperian Sorrow, West Of Hell, With Shaking Hands, Words Of Farewell
- May 2012 – Countdown To Warped Tour Part 1 Feature with Divided By Friday, Featured, I Call Fives, Impending Doom, It Boys!, Lostprophets, Transit, Vampires Everywhere! Interviews with Align In Time, Aquilus, Davidian, For Sleeping Or Jumping, For The Foxes, Frank Lenz, I, Omega, Johnny Booth, Let It Happen, Roads, The Rocket Summer, Saintseneca, Thunderkraft, Useless ID, Words Like Daggers, Worth The Wait
- April 2012 – Interviews with Ace Augustine, Anchor The Tide, Arrow Haze, Bogan Via, Coast Jumper, Electric Sun, Fall From Grace, The Hardest Season, Havnatt, House Of Heroes, James, One Year Later, Orbital, Pelican, Races, Styx, TJ Courtney, Total Chaos, Violet, The Word Alive
- March 2012 – Kicking Off Vans Warped Tour 2012 Feature with Brian Marquis, The Briggs, Cherri Bomb, The Darlings, Iwrestledabearonce, Kevin Lyman, Tomorrows Bad Seeds. Meet The Bands Of Facedown Fest 2012 Feature with Altars, Ark Of The Covenant, The Burial, Dynasty, Gideon, Hands, Hope For The Dying, Jason Dunn, Leaders, Nothing Til Blood, Onward To Olympas, We The Gathered, Your Memorial. Interviews with Adestria, Alestorm, Arkona, Automatic Static, Awaken The Empire, Dead Channels, The Devastated, Diabulus In Musica, Evenoire, Famous Last Words, Fourth Quarter Comeback, Gun Barrel, Heidevolk, Hollywood Burnouts, Huntress, I Am The Icarus, My Soul For Glory, Nothnegal, Opera IX, Palisades, Paradise Fears, The Planet Smashers, The Prestige, Qualms, Redeemer, Shroud Of Despondency, Speedwolf, Turisas, What Hands Are For, Zero Degree
- February 2012 – Interviews with CatchingYourClouds, Crash Street Kids, Farsot, Hands Like Houses, Heart To Heart, Heaven Switch, Hellsaw, Hopes Die Last, Hordak, The Intersphere, Jessarae, Kiros, Lionize, My Ticket Home, Navigator, Nightqueen, Nucleus Torn, Ribozyme, The Sheds, Stateside, Tenhi, Xandria
- January 2012 – Interviews with Amely, Before You Exit, Crashing Broadway, Dead Icons. Dies Irae, Dillinger Escape Plan, Drakkar, The 11th Hour, Eric Nicolau, Ever After, Fake Figures, From Atlantis, I, Apparatus, Iron Fire, Message To Bears, Old Gods, Pangea, Scream Out Loud, Secrets, So Much For Nothing, Sovereign Soldiers, Today Forever, Touchstone, Your Tomorrow Alone
Issue Overviews – The Print Era
- Issue 119 (Summer 2010) – Interviews with Dark Tranquillity, Framing Hanley, War Of Ages, Burning Twilight, At The Soundawn, Blake Bliss, Destiny, Domination Through Impurity, The Hit, Horror Squad, Kevin Lyman, Lacrimas Profundere, Letter To The Exiles, The Monolith Deathcult, The Plot In You, Sister Hazel, and Thulcandra. Notes: War Of Ages was on the cover but not in the issue. To date, this has been the final print issue. We now reside online…
- Issue 118 (Nov/Dec 2009) – Interviews with Arch Enemy, Megadeth, Dead Swans, Sleep For Sleepers, Acheron, Allura, Bleeding Fist, Buzz Clic, Canis Dirus, Crimfall, Dollface Divine, Fatalist, In The Midst Of Lions. Murder Death Kill, No Bragging Rights, Slow Burning Car, The Soul’s Release, Sparks Will Fly, Stephen Jerzak, Steve Kilbey, Syrach, T. Mills, Toxic Heart, The Tug Fork River Band, and Volumes
- Issue 110 (November/December 2007) – Interviews with Atreyu, Arch Enemy, Belay My Last, Framing Hanley, Aesma Daeva, At The Throne Of Judgment, Born Of Osiris, Catherine, Cute Is What We Aim For, Enthroned, Five Years And Counting, Foghat, Inked In Blood, Killing California, Magnet School, The Moors, Mouth Of The Serpent, Neviah Nevi, Opeth, Running On Fumes, Svartsot, Svartahrid, and Tofer Brown
- Issue 109 (September/October 2007) – Interviews with Soilwork, Gaahl of Trelldom and Gorgoroth, The Devil Wears Prada, Blessthefall, Autumn Tears, Battle Flask, Bayside, Beautiful Generation, Behind The Glittering Mask, Bringing Down Broadway, Facedown Records (Jason Dunn), Graystar, Harlots, Hurtlocker, Moneta, My American Heart, Resistance, The Rocket Summer, Spare Lead, Strength Behind Tears, and War Of Ages
- Issue 108 (July/August 2007) – Interviews with Silverstein, Marduk, New Found Glory, Poison The Well, Adam Franklin, Apostolum, Before Their Eyes, Fear Of Eternity, From Beginning To End, Graveworm, Iron Fire, Kingston Falls, Last Winter, Letters From The Front, Mark Williams, Nocturnal Rites, Sonic Syndicate, SLow Burning Car, Visions Of Atlantis, and Vixen
- Issue 107 (May/June 2007) – Interviews with Megedeth, Dark Tranquillity, Alesana, Blinded Black, All Time Low, Bloodlined Calligraphy, Cassius, The Cauterized, Destroy The Runner, Dropout Year, Fairweather Fan, Five Victims Four Graves, Haste The Day, Machine Head, Serenity, and Seventh Star
- Issue 106 (March/April 2007) – Interviews with Saosin, Belphegor, Lovehatehero, Dead Where We Stand, Battlelore, The Black Watch, Corey Crowder, Dodsferd, Echoes Of Eternity, Fight Everyone, Four Letter Lie, Imperial, It Prevails, Nehemah, Smoke Or Fire, This Ending, Tigertailz, an Twenty2
- Issue 105 (January/February 2007) – Interviews with Anberlin, Dream Evil, Orangeburg Massacre, Anabelle Lee, The Almost, Almost Famous, Backseat Goodbye, Dance Gavin Dance, Die Verbannten Kinder Evas, Elis, In Stereo, Leaves Eyes, Means, On The Last Day, Radio Birdman, and So They Say
- Issue 104 (November/December 2006) – Interviews with Norma Jean, Amon Amarth, A Static Lullaby, Alexisonfire, Casket Salesman, Dark Miracle, Gwen Stacy, Hammerfall, House Of Heroes, Misery Signals, Mourningstar, Primus, Shade Empire, Unleashed, War Of Ages, Zao, and Zebrahead
- Issue 103 (September/October 2006) – Interviews with The Rev of Avenged Sevenfold, Blind Guardian, Sothis, Cartel, Apiary, Burden Of A Day, Dance With The Dead (Jamison Covington), Dead Man In Reno, Fight Like Hell, The Gentlemen Homicide, Helmet, Kampfar, The Living End, Mendeed, Merrimack, Peru Ubu, and x Looking Forward x
- Issue 102 (July/August 2006) – Interviews with Alove For Enemies, Beyond Fear, Blacklist Union, Catherine, The Chariot, The Church, Cobalt Party Revolution, The Devil Wears Prada, Everyday At Sinai, In Case You’re Curious, Knockout Kings, Korpiklaani, Lacuna Coil, Leaves Eyes, My Hostage, Rise Against, Rush, Texas Is On Fire, Underoath, and Underworld
- Issue 101 (May/June 2006) – Interviews with Celtic Frost, Drop Dead, Gorgeous, Ihsahn of Emperor, Kingston Falls, Phoenix Mourning, Scar Symmetry, Skylines, Sodom, South, Stimulator, Summoning, Tyr, and Yellowcard
- Issue 100 (March/April 2006) – Interviews with Abysmal Dawn, A Life Once Lost, Anberlin, Antiflag, Berlin, Dimmu Borgir, Enforsaken, Falkenbach, Fear Of Eternity, Flee The Seen, Gatekeeper, Last Falling, Lullacry, Resistance, Six, Spitfire/Norma Jean, The Prodigy, and Wood
- Issue 99 (January/February 2006) – Interviews with Absu, As I Lay Dying, The Black